How to apply:
- Read the full Assistant Organizer Job Description (below).
- Follow the instructions below completely! Details are important in everything we do so only candidates who complete each step will be considered.
- Send the following items with “Assistant Organizer” in the subject line to email@example.com:
- Your resume
- Your available start date
- Record a 90 second or less video introducing yourself. Include what organization means to you in your own life and why you want to join our team.
- Send 4 photos of your own home or a space you have organized for others. We are looking to see that you have an eye to make organization both functional and beautiful.
This job is for you if….
- Getting paid to organize and shop at The Container Store is your idea of a dream job.
- You are passionate about living an organized life and you are excited to help others do the same.
- You are not easily scared by messy spaces.
- You are positive, have a great attitude, and are always up for a challenge.
- You are kind, empathetic, and friendly. (We promise no judgment for our clients and we mean it!)
- You work efficiently, with lots of energy, for 4-5 hours at a time.
- You are professional, trustworthy, and extremely private about confidential information.
- You are punctual and dependable.
- You can take direction and work as part of a team, but can also work independently.
- You take initiative and are a problem solver.
- You can prioritize under pressure.
- You communicate both effectively and with kindness to both clients and co-workers.
- You care about the work you do. We go above and beyond for our clients and strive to give 110%.
- You enjoy change and love that every day, space, and client is different.
- You are tech-savvy and embrace new technology.
- You are available 4 – 5 days a week from 9 am-5 pm.
- You can attend a virtual Team Meeting every other Wednesday evening from 7:30-9:00 pm.
- You drive a car that has room to hold donation drop-offs and product supplies.
- You are especially skilled in organizing papers and offices.
This job is not for you if…
- You are working to build your own business. (You will be required to sign a non-compete agreement.)
- You have limited availability and are not available 4 – 5 days a week from 9 am-5 pm M-F.
- You get overwhelmed by messy spaces and disorganization.
- You are not a team player. We have the best team in the business and we plan to keep it that way!
Overview of Role
- Systems by Susie is looking for a hard-working, highly organized individual to join our team of organizers.
- Works Closely With Lead Organizer, Project Manager, Susie (owner)
- Hours: 4 -20 hours/week, Hours not guaranteed
- Status: Part-Time Employee Position
- Compensation: $20/hour, with review after 3 months
- Responsible for sorting, moving, and storing items on-site with direction from a Lead Organizer.
- Work to group a client’s possessions for easy editing and purging, and place the client’s items into organizational systems.
- Help to maintain a tidy and professional environment throughout the course of organizing or move management jobs.
- Assist with managing organizing supplies.
- Sort and tag items in a room or space creating logical groupings for client review
- Occasionally, work directly with a client and assist in editing or purging belongings
- Put trash, recycling, shredding, and donation items into the appropriate receptacles while on site
- Use organizing materials to create systems with the items that clients keep after editing as directed by the Lead
- Collaborate with Lead Organizer to select containers and generate shopping list
- Label bins, boxes, containers, etc. using a label maker or specialty label
- Assemble small furniture items, such as storage boxes or shelving units
- Transport organizing materials, supplies, donated items, shredding, trash, or recycling to appropriate offsite locations if requested
- Perform additional assignments as directed by Lead or Managers
- Enter time and expenses into the time tracking app daily
- Maintain company scheduling program (T-sheets) with availability
- Review schedule daily for upcoming assigned projects
- Coordinate with Lead Organizer regarding pre-project assistance, project review, and travel
- Take update photos and upload photos and information into Google Drive throughout client projects
- Review client folders and to-do’s prior to and during each project
- Add job summary, products that were used, and products that need to be purchased into our company database, Pipedrive (We will provide training for this.)
- Understanding of basic organizing techniques to start
- Ability to work closely with a team
- Tech skills (i.e. smartphone, cloud-based systems)
- Ability to lift 40 pounds and to climb stairs
- Drive a car that has room to hold donation drop-offs and product supplies
- Excellent attention to detail & communication skills
- Positive attitude
- Time management skills
- Willingness to learn
- Empathy and kindness towards our clients
- Flexible, part-time schedule
- Hours are 9 am to 5 pm, Monday-Friday
- Need to be available to work 4-5 days/week
- Hours are not guaranteed, but dependent on how much work we have
- May include some evening or weekend hours to review documents and communication
- Must attend a Virtual Team Meeting on the 3rd Wednesday of every month from 7:30-9:00 p.m.