How to apply:
Read the full Assistant Organizer Job Description (below).
Follow the instructions below completely! Details are important in everything we do so only candidates who complete each step will be considered.
Send the following items with “Assistant Organizer” in the subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Your resume
- Your available start date
- Record a 90 second or less video introducing yourself. Include what organization means to you in your own life and why you want to join our team.
- Send 4 photos of your own home or a space you have organized for others. We are looking to see that you have an eye to make organization both functional and beautiful.
This job is for you if….
- Getting paid to organize and shop at The Container Store is your idea of a dream job.
- You are passionate about living an organized life and you are excited to help others do the same.
- You are not easily scared by messy spaces.
- You are positive, have a great attitude, and are always up for a challenge.
- You are kind, empathetic, and friendly. (We promise no judgment for our clients and we mean it!)
- You work efficiently, with lots of energy, for 4-5 hours at a time.
- You are professional, trustworthy, and extremely private about confidential information.
- You are punctual and dependable.
- You can take direction and work as part of a team, but can also work independently.
- You take initiative and are a problem solver.
- You can prioritize under pressure.
- You communicate both effectively and with kindness to both clients and co-workers.
- You care about the work you do. We go above and beyond for our clients and strive to give 110%.
- You enjoy change and love that every day, space, and client is different.
- You are tech-savvy and embrace new technology.
- You are available 4 – 5 days a week from 9 am-5 pm.
- You can attend a virtual Team Meeting every other Wednesday evening from 7:30-9:00 pm.
- You drive a car that has room to hold donation drop-offs and product supplies.
- You are especially skilled in organizing papers and offices.
This job is not for you if…
- You are working to build your own business. (You will be required to sign a non-compete agreement.)
- You have limited availability and are not available 4 – 5 days a week from 9 am-5 pm M-F.
- You get overwhelmed by messy spaces and disorganization.
- You are not a team player. We have the best team in the business and we plan to keep it that way!
Overview of Role
- Systems by Susie is looking for a hard-working, highly organized individual to join our team of organizers.
- Works Closely With Lead Organizer, Project Manager, Susie (owner)
- Hours: 4 -20 hours/week, Hours not guaranteed
- Status: Part-Time Employee Position
- Compensation: $20/hour, with review after 3 months
- Responsible for sorting, moving, and storing items on-site with direction from a Lead Organizer.
- Work to group a client’s possessions for easy editing and purging, and place the client’s items into organizational systems.
- Help to maintain a tidy and professional environment throughout the course of organizing or move management jobs.
- Assist with managing organizing supplies.
- Sort and tag items in a room or space creating logical groupings for client review
- Occasionally, work directly with a client and assist in editing or purging belongings
- Put trash, recycling, shredding, and donation items into the appropriate receptacles while on site
- Use organizing materials to create systems with the items that clients keep after editing as directed by the Lead
- Collaborate with Lead Organizer to select containers and generate shopping list
- Label bins, boxes, containers, etc. using a label maker or specialty label
- Assemble small furniture items, such as storage boxes or shelving units
- Transport organizing materials, supplies, donated items, shredding, trash, or recycling to appropriate offsite locations if requested
- Perform additional assignments as directed by Lead or Managers
- Enter time and expenses into the time tracking app daily
- Maintain company scheduling program (T-sheets) with availability
- Review schedule daily for upcoming assigned projects
- Coordinate with Lead Organizer regarding pre-project assistance, project review, and travel
- Take update photos and upload photos and information into Google Drive throughout client projects
- Review client folders and to-do’s prior to and during each project
- Add job summary, products that were used, and products that need to be purchased into our company database, Pipedrive (We will provide training for this.)
- Understanding of basic organizing techniques to start
- Ability to work closely with a team
- Tech skills (i.e. smartphone, cloud-based systems)
- Ability to lift 40 pounds and to climb stairs
- Drive a car that has room to hold donation drop-offs and product supplies
- Excellent attention to detail & communication skills
- Positive attitude
- Time management skills
- Willingness to learn
- Empathy and kindness towards our clients
- Flexible, part-time schedule
- Hours are 9 am to 5 pm, Monday-Friday
- Need to be available to work 4-5 days/week
- Hours are not guaranteed, but dependent on how much work we have
- May include some evening or weekend hours to review documents and communication
- Must attend a Virtual Team Meeting on the 3rd Wednesday of every month from 7:30-9:00 p.m.